Sunday, August 3, 2008

Time to Get Up and Move

My girlfriend Michal on her blog Relishing Motherhood has a competition to exercise 30 min a day ,6 days a week,for 3 months... At first I thought of every reason why I couldn't do it... I don't really like to compete not because I'm not competitive but because I hate to loose and will beat myself up if I fail... So after a few day's of soul searching I decided I need to do it for myself... What's the worst that could happen I might like it or maybe loose a few pounds.. Darn wouldn't that be awful...If I quit all together than I will loose 25 dollars not bad for 3 months... I've lost a lot more money than that when I've quit going to the gym..

Several friends have said to me " when will you find time for that" true I thought , then I thought wait a second if I can't give myself 30 minutes a day than there's a problem... I put my family first everyday and I think I deserve to take a little time for myself (like 30 minutes is really a lot!) I always find time to watch T.V. or read a book. Than I will find time to move more..Yes Matt works a lot and I am busy with 3 kids but why cant' they go with me? Matt doesn't work 24 hours a day , some day's I might have to be creative....So this my plan...

I can walk around the neighbor hood , I can ride bikes with the kids, jump on the trampoline , take the kids to the park and walk around the park while they play,do an exercise tape, take them swimming .. .The more I think about it , It will be good for all of us.... I know that in the past when I exercise that it in turn helps me to make better food choices...

So this is my hope that some of you out there will join me (it's always easier with support) , or even call me up some day's and ask me to go walking or swimming, we can even take our kids to the park...Leave me a comment and let me know your thought or give me some inspiration... I might need it...

2 comments:

Michal said...

yay! i'm so glad that you're in. we are going to be thinner, stronger, leaner, and more on top of our lives because we are doing this. and it will force us to be creative, rather than thinking that it has to be going to the gym or for a jog. and you're right--it will be good for your kids, too!

Michal said...

it's not too late for your readers to come on over to my blog and join the challenge. just in case anyone is interested:)