Monday, August 25, 2008

That Time Of Year

Well it's that time of year again... The kids are going off to school... this year is big changes for our family .. My baby boy is going to the 1st grade that means he will be gone all day... A part of me is excited think of all the things I can accomplish when two are gone all day... But there is a part of me that is sad I miss those little bugars when their gone, Brycen said this morning this is our last day together your going to get a break from me tomorrow but I'm going to miss you... I will miss him too I told him with tears in my eyes... He of course couldn't understand why I was crying... I'm one of those mom's who can't wait for a break but when they finally go I miss them so much...
I remember Matt and I went away for our anniversary the boys were little we didn't even have Olivia yet and we came home early because we missed them so much... Let me tell you that once we got home we thought what were we thinking... So tomorrow my boy's will head off to school... They are both excited and nervous.. I guess I feel the same way... Believe me their will be a lot of tears and pictures for me too share...

2 comments:

Michal said...

this is the first time that i haven't cried on the first day of school! i guess it's because i wasn't sending them off--but it is a good sign that i didn't cry today because they wouldn't have been tears of joy!:)
i love having my kids stay home for school, but i admit that on that first day back it looks pretty good to have a few hours off!

Christine said...

I worry about Natalie- off in the cold cruel world of 2nd grade. They got letters from last year's class, and she said that she wished she would have gotten Haden's letter. Sidney- I don't worry about her.