Friday, July 18, 2008

Camping

When I was growing up my family went camping every summer... When I married Matt he had did the same and we of course thought we should continue the tradition...

Every summer we have taken the kids camping last year was the hardest .Olivia was at the get in to everything stage and of course it was hard to keep her clean ...

The boy's didn't have much to do but ride bikes and that gets old after three day's so we came home early.....

This year was a different story the boy's have discovered fishing

Brycen caught his first fish

I know you can't see it but he didn't care how big it was "it was at least 5lbs and he fought all day to catch it"

Hayden caught a 3lb catfish and he was thrilled

I have heard him tell the story may times and every time it's a pound bigger and took a hour longer to catch than it really did ..Of course I have the pictures to prove it.

We had a great time we all found plenty to do ,Olivia and I did a lot of floating.
The kids did great this year . No whining it's to cold ,what's in the water ,the bathroom stinks... This years camping trip made me look forward to many more years of camping with the kids

Even though were only gone the weekend I'm finding that two night's is enough in the dirt... And not just because I'm a girl even the boy's said " It's so nice to be home and get a shower" . Maybe in a few years we will be able to get a trailer now that would definitely be my kind of camping...

1 comment:

Michal said...

looks like you had lots of fun. camping on the lake looks great--i don' t think we've done that. i'll probably enjoy it more when i don't have a toddler. good for you that you are at that point now!