Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A New Room For Livvy

So a few months ago I decided it was time for Olivia to go to a big girl bed...I know kinda late but the last baby is really hard to give up... So I started looking for a bed... You must understand I have champagne taste on a beer budget... Matt let me know their wasn't a lot of money to be spending on her new room... Of course I took this as a challenge.... So first I told my girlfriends to be on the lookout I needed a bed for Livvy...
In no time I got a call from a friend that was at a garage sale and said their was a bed if I was creative....This is what I found

The bed was an ugly old brown when I first saw it the lady said she would give me the whole thing mattress and all for $20... I about fell over , of course I said sold... I brought it home and went in to tell Matt I need your help to unload something... Looking at me crazy I said I bought Livvy a bed .. Next question how much ? Twenty dollars... I could see the look what is this going to cost.... Much to his surprise he was impressed with my bargain.. We decided to paint it a light lavender... Matt sprayed it so it would come out better and have a sturdier finish... It came out Beautiful... I then painted the walls a celery color... I was shopping at T.J.Max and found a set of Laura Ashley sheets that Livvy loved ..... $12 for a set of sheets not bad...I found a eyelet comforter in lavender for $30 ... Right after finding the sheet
I was talking to my dad , who has recently taken up painting and ask him if he could paint a few pictures for livvy's room... I sent him a pic of the fairies on the sheets and this is what he sent back...
They are perfect they totally make the room... I think it has been amazing how for under a hundred dollars I have changed her room from a nursery to a little girls room... Their are a few things I still want to do... I would love to hang a chandelier so I'm on the look at for that and I still need to change the drawer pull's for the dresser and bed...
I guess the thing that matters most is she loves it ... She is now playing in there all the time and she has been sleeping in their every night... I guess she really is a Big Girl now!

1 comment:

Michal said...

it looks so good, mandy! those paintings by your dad are perfect! i can't believe how fast he did those. your room could have been on hgtv--especially for that budget. the pictures don't do the walls and bed colors justice (at least on my computer).